The decrease in the natural amount of testosterone in the body may cause many problems. There are many symptoms from which you can judge that you are not having the required level of testosterone in the body. But before going for any treatment, always find testosterone clinics, consult your doctor and then select the treatment. Symptoms of low testosterone include:
- Always feeling lazy and tired
- Weight gain
- Cholesterol level variation
- Muscle mass reduction
- Not feeling good about oneself
- Mind fogging (inability to think clear)
- Easily broken bones
- Feeling depressed
- Erectile dysfunction
- Hair fall
There are some treatments available to boost up the level of testosterone in the body. They include:
- Oral shots are used that when placed in the mouth will constantly provide the required amount of the hormone. These pellets can be used twice in a day.
- It can also be ingested through injections that will directly transmit the testosterone into the blood stream.
- Gels are also used to treat this deficiency. This gel can either be applied on the body or inhaled through nose. When applied on the body, the gel gets absorbed in the skin and reduces the deficiency. This gel can also be applied once a day.
- Tablets are also available that when taken will help to restore the hormonal deficiency.
- Skin patches are used to increase the level of testosterone in the body. These patches are applied on the upper part of the body usually on the arm once a day and it helps to restore the reducing testosterone level.
You can find testosterone clinics for these treatments.
The results of these treatments completely differ from one individual to another. Some people give a good response; say that they have actually felt the improvement while some are indifferent. They do not notice much change. Again, the response is different in every case. Researchers have also found some side effects of this testosterone therapy.
Although the long-term results of the testosterone therapy are yet to be found but they do bring some health problems with them. These include:
In some cases, testosterone replacement therapy has been found to be associated with heart attacks in the patients.
Testosterone therapy is also found to be the cause of prostate cancer. For this reason, men who are going to receive this treatment are asked to get checked for this cancer. If they possess the disease or their chances of getting this disease are higher, they are discouraged to get this treatment.
Sometimes, men have also complained about getting skin rashes after the treatment.
Increase in prostate size:
Testosterone therapy causes the prostate to increase in size. As a result, they face difficulty while urination.
This is a sleeping disorder in which the person faces difficulty to breath while asleep.
Blood clotting in veins:
Another side effect of the therapy is the blood clotting in veins.